Nobis' Entertainment & Activities Recourses
- Art With Elders ~ Art With Elders is a beautiful program for those who have a creative side residing in assisted-living environments. We are very proud to work with these folks, and support their community involvement. Please check out their site here for more information, and possibly how you can join-in in their creative efforts.
Recourses for You ~ Please click on link to be directed to their page
- Alzheimer's Foundation of America
- Diabetic Living Online
- American Diabetes Association
- Family Caregiver Alliance
- National Heart Lung & Blood Institute
- Knowing the signs of a stroke
- 7 Things To Do For A Suspected Heart Attack
- Due to the long latency period of mesothelioma, approximately 20-50 years, most people who are diagnosed with the disease, about 75 percent, are seniors. For many of these individuals, caregivers and in-home assistance are a necessity. Our organization works with these individuals and their families to help them find local doctors, treatment centers and support groups.
Learn About & Donate ~
- The Patrick Nobis Scholarship Fund ~ This scholarship fund through SFSU was founded in the name of my Husband, Patrick Nobis (1944-2001). His unwavering & sincere dedication, and perseverance for the elderly and our industry is unmatched by anyone before or after him. Please click here & here to learn more about the Gerontology Program at SFSU & how you can donate to this fund's main purpose, educating our future senior care providers. Contact Dr. Darlene Yee, Professor of Gerontology at SFSU. **If you donate $100 or more, and Dr. Yee has confirmed & cleared the donation, Nobis Care Home SF (NCH SF) will deduct $100 off of your next month's rent at NCH SF.** We have been working for years to get this fund endowed, and your help will be greatly appreciated!
- Suicide Awareness Voices of Education ~ Unfortunately life becomes overwhelming for so many, and when people are caring for their own loved-one life can seem lonely, doomed and over. Suicide is NOT the answer. Please click on this link to seek help and guidance if you, or someone you know is headed down this wrong path.
Informational Reading ~
- Huffington Post Article on Adult Children Who Care For Their Aging Parents, Huffington Post, April 15, 2013
- A blog for adult children caring for their aging parents. Easy read with different tips on how to cope. Life Bridge Solutions, April 23, 2013
- Simple read on how to help your parent(s) feel more at home in a new environment ~ This article is how we coach & encourage new families. Life Bridge Solutions, June 23, 2009
- When Adult Children Feud, Aging Parents Lose ~ The Senior Care Blog, August 5, 2013
Please note that Nobis Care Homes SF does not receive any sort of compensation for placing a person's, company's, organization's, or affiliate's website on www.nobiscarehomesSF.com. These links are for informational purposes only. Please utilize these recourses for your own information and well-being.